Saturday 22nd & Sunday 23rd November 2014
Thursday 30th October – Little Athletics events
Wednesday 5th November – Open Queanbeyan events
Trial day (for handicap purposes):
The heats for the Queanbeyan Gift Little Athletics event will be run on Saturday 1st November during normal competition at Wright Park from 8.30am. This will determine your handicap time.
This year there is a completely new process for entries to the Queanbeyan Gift. The NSW Athletic League (NSWPTL), who run the event, have a new online system for membership, entries and all their organisational activities including other gifts. In previous years QLAC ran heats and provided the names of entrants to the NSWPTL, but this year it’s a little more involved. A parent can easily register their children through their personal email account. It is a little fiddly as there is a lot of repeat information if you have a few children to do. You will need to include your Personal Best information.
If you already nominated or are interested in competing, you must register by COB on Thursday 30th October at the following website:
STEP ONE – go to www.nswal.com/events/queanbeyan-gift-carnival/ and click on the Membership link on the right (Become a Member) and follow the prompts to become a member. This will give you access to enter events. Coaches, parents and guardians can sign up their athletes/children. There is no cost for current Little Athletics members.
- Entrants are required to become “Little Athletics” members of the NSWPTL, at no cost for membership or entry into the LA events.
- Entries must be completed by COB on Thursday 30th October so that Queanbeyan Little Athletics Centre can run heats on Saturday 1st November during the regular meet.
- Children under 18 cannot register themselves. A parent or guardian must register their details and then register the child as an extra.
- During the membership process, select “Little Athletics” as your membership type. There is no fee involved unlike other membership categories.
- Once the process is complete you will receive an email with your membership ID which you will need for making an entry.
STEP TWO – go to www.nswal.com/events/queanbeyan-gift-carnival/ and click on the Queanbeyan link (QUEANBEYAN – Event Registration Here) to register for each event.
- Parent details will be shown initially and you will need to enter your children’s information next, followed by the appropriate entry category, gender, U12, U14 or U16.
- For Little Athletes younger than Under 12, you will need to put them in the U12 category and we will determine the fields they are in.
- You will receive a confirmation email of the entries.