Tiny Tots is for children aged 3 to 5 years (for the 2019/20 season, that includes children born in 2015 and 2016 once they turn 3). It uses skills-based games to teach the fundamentals of running, jumping and throwing with a focus on participation and fun. The children will also participate (but not compete) in ‘Athletics’ events such as long jump or a 50m run on the track.
Our Tiny Tots don’t get a registration number, and it’s not necessary to wear the centre uniform (though they are welcome to).
Parent involvement is essential to a successful Tiny Tots program and parents will be a part of each session – this means at least one adult must be there to assist with their child.
WHEN: Saturday mornings, starts in Week 2 on 26 October 2019 and runs for 6 weeks, from 8.30am to approx. 10.00am.
FEES: $50.00 for the first child and $20 for any additional child, which includes insurance with ACT Little Athletics. We can only take a limited number in this age group.
TO REGISTER: send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with:
– parent/guardian name
– child’s name
– child’s date of birth
– your contact mobile number.
We will let you know if your registration can be accepted and provide you with the club bank details for payment of fees.
Tiny Tots cannot compete at ACTLAA carnivals such as Relay Carnival or ACTLA State Championships.
Tiny Tots cannot join our regular competition mornings upon completion of the Tiny Tots program, as they are not covered by insurance once the 6-week program finishes.
The Tiny Tots program aims to incorporate the following areas of development:
1. Enhancing perceptual skills – both visual and hearing/listening
2. Building overall strength of the large muscle groups through repetitive movements
3. Encouraging development of balance – both static and dynamic
4. Developing body and spatial awareness
5. Developing motor planning through practicing the sequence of motor skills used when learning a new skill
6. Encouraging independence
7. Encouraging the ability to follow directions